We welcome people who want to help keep North Kensington Library Building open for public use. Below are some suggestions on how you can help.Note: This now serves as campaing archive.
- Collect signatures Petition PDF
- Write to your local councillor (list below).
- Write to Victoria Borwick MP.
- Make your feelings known at an Ask Nick meeting.
- Write about your experience and feelings about the library on our Facebook page.
- Sign our petition and share it on your social media/ through your networks.
- Write to the Mayor.
- Come to our upcoming events.
- Write to the private school personally (headteacher) and (chair of governors).
Points you may wish to include in your letter/s
- Council offering lease without public consultation.
- The council's own mystery shopper exercise report shows North Kensington Library does better than Chelsea Library on all fronts.
- The increased floor space the council claim for the new building depends on ignoring the unutilised floor space of the current library.
- The Council have contacted precisely no disabled peoples’ groups to discuss arrangements, at the old library or the new.
- The top two floors of the new building will be leased to third party users, this will undoubtedly be primary school children from schools who can afford to lease the space.
- Cllr Fielding-Mellon’s children are on the list for the schools involved, a conflict of interest he wasn’t minded to announce when he proposed this strategy.
- Is an £11-million-pound new building really a fiscally sound managment of Library services
- Council report hoping that they can fit in as many books as the old library, but this is not guaranteed.
- Integrated access for the youth club, but only a single lift to transport large groups of wheelchair users to the club.
Select a councilor by wardNote: Archive representing the Council at the time.
- St Helen's
- Notting Dale
- Queen's Gate
- Earl's Court
- Brompton and Hans Town
- Chelsea Riverside
- Royal Hospital
020 7361 3975
020 7361 3060
Emma Dent Coad
020 7361 3430
020 7243 5873
020 7727 5110
020 7361 3280
020 7229 6041
020 7361 2896
020 7727 7823
020 7373 0810
020 7370 2558
020 7244 8153
020 7361 2430
020 7361 3946
020 7361 2114
020 7361 3944
020 7751 5530
020 7361 2500 (
020 7361 3944